Friday, April 11, 2008

FERIA DE ABRIL!

on
So this week is Feria de Abril which means no school! YAY! I have been to like 3 days of school in the past 3 or 4 weeks! SO CRAZY! haha But so what Feria is is half a normal fair with rides and attractions and stuff and the other half is thousands of tents where there is food and drink and Flamenco all night every night! Its so much fun!

You have to know someone though b/c the tents are private. Luckily and friend of mine has an in at a few tents so we go where she goes!

Also, since I have been taking a Flamenco class I can actually dance with the Spaniards! Its so much fun! And there is a special drink for Feria called Rebujito. Its a weird wine with sprite... its REALLY good!

Its also really cool to see all the girls all dressed up in Flamenco dresses! They are all SO gorgeous!!! Its Spain at its BEST!!! And its really cool when people grab guitars and start playing and singing real flamenco instead of playing a tape! Thats my favorite!!!

This is the dress I wore last night. It is one of Dolores's daughters old ones. Its definitely NOT the hottest most modern dress but it was a dress and it was free and I liked it! It was fun to pretend to be Spanish!!! I was in the dress and dancing flamenco and speaking spanish!!! YAY!!!! I have been to Feria every night this week!! I love even just sitting and listening and watching!!! I know I will tire of it by the end of it but right now I LOVE IT!!! Its SOO cool! I think we should do it in America! haha

No comments: