Thursday, May 1, 2008

LAGOS!!!!! free drinks, crazy waves, and crazy dogs...


Lagos.. first beach... GORGEOUS!

Beach day 2!

at the end of the earth!

Surfing!


LAGOS PORTUGAL WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

It was like a week long spring break jammed into a 3 day weekend! It was wonderful!
FRIDAY: we take the 3 hour drive to lagos and IMMEDIATELY hit the beach. The first beach we went to was GORGEOUS. To our front was gorgeous ocean and to our back was gorgeous cliffs. It was so nice to jsut lay there and relax. I also saw some of my texas friends which was nice and meta bunch of their friends! That night we went to dinner at some chinese restaurant where the waiter gave us free shots! But the shot glasses had pictures of NAKE MEN on the bottom of them! HILARIOUS!!! After that we went to a bar called Joe's Garage and then my friends and i decide to go back to the hotel to go swimming! So we did, and the best way to get to the pool from my room is to climb over the balcony... stupid i know... but i paid for it with a giant bruise on the back of my leg! Then we ran around trying to find the hot tub, and when we couldnt we made one in our bath tub! haha it was a mess!

SATURDAY: We were supposed to take a sailboat cruise but it was too choppy so the sailboat stayed in the dock and they took us on rides on rescue speedboats. You know the ones that hit waves and fly into the air... it was a BLAST!!!! then one of the 2 boats broke down and we had to "rescue" them and get the people into our boat!! haha then they took us back to the sailboat for bottomless sangria and relaxing. Some people played sangria pong with fruit chunks! Then we went to the beach where they had free beer and food/drink specials. Then we just laid on the beach. It was wonderful. That evening they took us to the point in portugal that was considered to be the end of the world. It was GORGEOUS! There were all of these big gorgeous cliffs! We sat on the edge and watched the sunset. Then we went to dinner, had some portuguese wine and went to a couple of clubs. That night I went in the pool again with some other people and just played around in the hotel with my friends.

SUNDAY: My friend and I were supposed to go surfing! but the bus forgot to pick us up!!! So we got picked up by some friends of the surfing place's owner... it was a bit sketchy but 100% safe. We got to the beach where everyone was about an hour later than them. But we didnt miss too much. So we got our wetsuits on and our boards and then ran to warm up. As we were running a dog came and ran beside us. It was cute at first. THEN IT BIT ME! It was a good thing I had my wetsuit one or else it would have been bad! He was just playing but it HURT. And it left a nasty bruise even through the wetsuit! So i got over that and then learned to surf!!!!!! I was SO MUCH FUN! But HARD! I got up on my feet 4 times and 2 of those times I didnt fall off at all! I got halfway up a few more times and ate it even more times than that! It was a blast! even though I was insanely sore the next few days. Then we just had a snack and went back to the hotel to pack and head home.

IT WAS AN AMAZING WEEKEND!

No comments: